In a secluded corner of south west Malaysia, a new style of homestay accommodation has opened its doors to the more authentic traveller seeking out somewhere stylish and affordable to stay, yet still off the well-worn path.
With a boutique feel and beautiful attention to detail, Villa d’Acqua is a brand new lodging of 28 suites – two of which are duplex – designed with first-rate furnishings and fine finishing touches. All suites have super-king size beds with luxury fittings dressed with the Villa d’Acqua insignia, a lounge area with leather armchairs and wall-mounted large plasma TVs, and private bathrooms decorated in floor-to-ceiling marble.
Built with the traditional Balinese villa in mind by a prominent Kuala Lumpur based businessman with roots in the region, this welcoming Malay family can usually be found weekending at the property and extend their hospitality to offer a unique homestay experience to guests.
Located near the small town of Masjid Tanah in the State of Malacca, about halfway between Singapore and Kuala Lumpur, Villa d’Acqua is an ideal stopover for a visit to the historic city of Malacca, a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 2008. A former Portuguese colony with a melting pot of British, Dutch and Peranakan influences added to the mix, Malacca is a tourist hotspot in Malaysia with a well-preserved historic centre parading colonial architecture, colourful markets and a wealth of cultural heritage.
Set in lush surroundings about 20 miles up the coast from the city, Villa d’Acqua stands out among the growing number of homestay bases in the area – which are gaining a reputation over the conventional local hotels as more authentic places to stay – thanks to its elegant boutique style and wonderful serenity.
If it is total escapism that you’re after, secluding yourself away for a few days with the tropical setting of sleepy Malaysian village life as your backdrop, between your hectic city touring of Singapore and Kuala Lumpur, then this could just be the place for you.
• Villa d’Acqua offers 26 suites and two duplex suites
• There is a natural mineral swimming pool on site
• Meal ordering services are available offering local Malaysian dishes, and the property soon opens its Hipster Café with a range of meal options
• There are beautiful gardens, a banquet hall and boardroom services for weddings and events
• The property offers local activities including boat rides, jungle trekking and bike rental
• The nearest beach is about five miles away and Malacca City about 20 miles away
• You will need your own transport to get to Villa d’Acqua
• Rates for a suite from approx £50 per night
• For further information and bookings, please contact https://www.facebook.com/villadacquahomestay/
• Keep up-to-date with the latest at Villa d’Acqua on their Facebook and Instagram pages https://www.facebook.com/villadacquahomestay/ https://www.instagram.com/villadacqua/